No matter what kind of heater you choose for your house, know that it will require regular maintenance. A well-maintained heater lasts longer and works efficiently, giving you optimum comfort; it saves a lot of energy that helps you reduce your utility bills. Maintaining your heating system regularly can also save your house and you from fire and air poisoning.
So, before buying a new home heating system from a heating and air conditioning company, you should first know about the different types of heating systems available in the market and how they work. Additionally, you should always make your buying decision based on insight and knowledge of reputable heating and cooling solutions providers...like Derek Sawyers!
Heating Systems We Repair
Derek Sawyers is an authorized heating and air conditioning company, specializing in heating and cooling solutions. We know heating and cooling systems from inside out and provide people with the ultimate comfort at home throughout all seasons. We offer heater repair services for traditional furnace, electric heat pump, radiant baseboard heat, and radiant ceiling or floor heat and the space heaters.
- The traditional furnace pulls air from your house into a ductwork system. It then spreads the air to a place where it gets warmed and then it is spread around your living space. Furnaces that are built in a more recent era, re-circulate the warm air around the home using blowers. These are powered by either oil, or electricity, or coal, or oil or wood.
- Radiant baseboard heat systems are self-controlled and cost more than furnaces. These are used in rooms where ductwork cannot be placed.
- Space heaters use either gas or electricity or kerosene or propane. Though they are common in some places, they warm up only an area of your house, not the way a traditional furnace or baseboard can. They are a good alternative to central heating systems. They could be placed on a wall or can also be standalone.
- The electric heat pump pulls the warmth from earth, water or the air outside your home, warms it even further and distributes around your room. A benefit of using this is that it can serve as air conditioner during summer. The exterior of a heat pump is similar to that of a thermostat but you will find controls on the exterior of a thermostat.
- Radiant ceiling or floor heating appliances do not use any blowers to warm up an area. The way they work is similar to the way the sun warms up an area. They send heat straight to the floor or to the ceiling through the wall. It is actually a more efficient choice than baseboard heating. The reason is there are no ducts between the appliance and the area that needs to be heated. Radiant systems can be fueled by either electricity, air or water.
You should always check your heater before turning it on. Dust the baseboard radiator carefully, clean the furnace filters, check the piping and chimney for leaks. If you are unsure, Contact Derek Sawyers to get your heater checked, and repaired, by our professionals.